Articles and concepts about GUI and UX

Discussion about the look-n-feel and design of Yunit
Aury88

Articles and concepts about GUI and UX

Postby Aury88 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:32 am

I propose to dedicate this thread to the collection of articles/concept that may be helpful in designing the graphical interface ...

ToxicDragon

Re: Articles and concepts about GUI and UX

Postby ToxicDragon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Hot Charmander design by Roman Nguyen generated considerably large amount of buzz back then. IMO this desgin conecpt is exceptional and really looks astonishing while keeping the known Unity usability:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/2880409 ... er-concept
I propose to dedicate this thread to the collection of articles/concept that may be helpful in designing the graphical interface ...
I like the GUI conecpt you linked. On the other hand, most of it is currently accomplished in the Ubuntu 17.10 Gnome build and therefore, Unity 8 shall go the way it's meant to be (in terms of usability).

Aury88

Re: Articles and concepts about GUI and UX

Postby Aury88 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:31 am

I like the GUI conecpt you linked. On the other hand, most of it is currently accomplished in the Ubuntu 17.10 Gnome build and therefore, Unity 8 shall go the way it's meant to be (in terms of usability).
yeah, the Hot Charmander was one of my favorite but also IMHO most of it can be accomplished in other DEs. I think modern mainstream DEs can be altered to look like anything you want (you can modify kde, gnome or mate to look like unity).This is why in my concept I preferred to concentrate on the features before the appearance. features are more difficult to integrate in a DE. you can easily display things in a way to be more comfortable with your workflow but add an useful features is a different thing, can be a game changer, and usually requires deep code changes, not simple extensions, or even needs a code that was developed from the start keeping that features in mind .

Return to “Visual Design”