Yunit Logo

Discussion about the look-n-feel and design of Yunit
C_C

Re: Yunit Logo

Postby C_C » Tue May 09, 2017 7:33 am

We have no consent to my knowledge. Everybody is free to add their work. If you have an idea, feel free to contribute.

juhani-korhonen

Postby juhani-korhonen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:59 pm

I think the logo looks better with the three heads / people, so there is a reference to the community. And the fact of the logo being a continuity of the Ubuntu logo is good, because it reflects the history of the emergence of Yunit.
Like one of these ?
3yunit.png
I like these very much. Maybe the little balls can be colored to represent other mainstream distributions of each branch? For example, Ubuntu from the Debian family, openSUSE from the Slackware family, and CentOS from the Redhat family?

Cheers!

Gerrish

Postby Gerrish » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:22 am

I like the logo.

Aury88

Postby Aury88 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 am

YunitIco.png
YunitIco.png (32.9 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Derived by an old work I've done to represent the three elements behind the Ubuntu Personal (Snappy-Ubuntu-Core, Unity8, Mir) also the third Ubuntu DE generation (Gnome2, Unity7 and Unity8) but now representative of the three entity involved with this project (Yunit, UBports, and the rest of the FOSS community ) and rotated to resemble a big Y ;)

also it derives from the Triquetra an ancient and very diffuse symbol among many cultures :ugeek: and from the canonical symbol...but not so much to make a trademark infringement :lol:

Return to “Visual Design”